Welcome to the Yorkshire Standard, West Yorkshire’s new online newspaper covering area news, sports, motors, business and much more.
Launched on 17 February 2014, and founded by journalist Hasan Faridi from the small town of Halifax, the Yorkshire Standard was created to provide quality news from within the main five regions in West Yorkshire:
The Yorkshire Standard also features a ‘Viral’ section, which features the latest viral stories on the web. The stories will not be promoted on social media pages so they are exclusive to the site.
If you’ve got a news story or any questions or queries, get in touch by going to our Contact Page, or emailing us directly at email@example.com.
If you’d like to advertise with us, or know more about advertising on our increasingly-popular website then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note (12/07/2015) – The Yorkshire Standard has new management.
Achievements and mentions
- The Yorkshire Standard celebrates launch by going on a cake drive and giving out over 70 pieces of free cake to students and the homeless
- Launch is featured in Profilic North and makes it to the top of Prolific North newsletter
- Launch is featured in HoldTheFrontPage
- Over 2,500 unique visitors visit the site on the second day of the launch
- In its first week, the site had over 4,800 unique visitors and over 8,000 pageviews
- The site continues to publish exclusive stories on a regular basis
- Various stories are picked up by national media
- The site gets exclusive interviews with high-profile celebrities
- On 17 February 2015, the Yorkshire Standard turned one year old and recorded over 350,000 hits
- The site also features on Google News
[Stats have been recorded via Analytics and can be proven]